gose. N. /g?se / hunger 1. the feeling caused by a need to eat 2. a strong desire for something
GOSE are an Arrasate-Mondragón (Basque Country) based trio formed by Ines Osinaga (singer and accordion), Iñaki Bengoa (percussion and programming) and Osoron (guitarist and bassist). Gose began their silent journey in 2004, as a result of the trio sharing their musical ideas. The band merges accordion with electronic music.
Few ever imagined that a love story between the trikitrixa (Basque traditional folklore music) and electronics would have such a brilliant future.
The building blocks of their project were the Basque culture, language and music. Always from the other side of the computer screen, because that is what GOSE is; electronics and spirit.
GOSE is savoured, listened to, seen, tasted. Felt.
They base their music on a new concept of understanding the Trikitrixa, combining it with elements that are not typically connected to the instrument itself and thus obtaining a different result. GOSE blends Trikitrixa with electronics and obtains relaxed, elegant and malleable rhythms.
Always singing in Basque, as GOSE dreams and thinks in Basque.
GOSE means hunger and GOSE is hunger and human, and is hungry.
GOSE oozes electro-jazz, tango, lullabies, afro Brasilian percussion together with the tambourine, techno, punk and hard core, arin-arin (traditional Basque folkloric rhythm); but basically, and above all, the world of the Trikitrixa together with the energy of electronic sequences accompanied by a gentle and inviting voice. GOSE has revolutionized the traditional culture of the Basque Trikitritxa.
- They record “The concerts of Radio 3” for Spanish national television and is aired on the second channel of Spanish national TV.
- They play outside the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao on the European music day.
- They play at the international WOMEX´08 fair invited by the Basque Government.
-They take part in the centennial hymn of the Real Sociedad de futbol, the 25th anniversary of the Getxo Folk Festival…
- They are invited to the 8th Festival of culture in Diyarbakir (Kurdistán) where they perform before over 50.000 people. They were the only non-Kurd band to play at the festival.
- They publish GOSE IIII, CD+DVD. Where in addition to a documentary on their tour in Japan and a live performance of the band, the CD is a “compilation” of songs of other of GOSE’s albums interpreted by some of the best Basque musicians of all time. A true luxury: Fermin Muguruza, Oreka TX, Kutxi (Marea), Oskorri, Josu Zabala, Petti & Andoni, Makala Dj, Miren&Lipus, Naroa (Amaiur), Pirritx eta Porrotx & Bonberenea Txarangarekin, Gari, Mikel Urdangarin…
- GOSE IIIII turns out to be the 2nd best seller in the 47th edition of the Durango culture market festival. Forever loyal to self production, setting up their own stand, etc… Without any help from studio labels.
- Presentation of the video clip of the song “Ezetz”, which is the first ever 3D video clip made in Basque. Directed by Mikel Clememte & Alphax.
- In January 2013 the concerts to present this 5th album will take place and they will be performing it throughout the year.